Seekers of Vengeance are villains who commit their crimes under the premise of vengeance (also called retribution or revenge), whether it be for a wrong committed against them or their people/race. Similar to aNemesis, but with a few slight differences: First of all, a Seeker of Vengeance is a specific type of Nemesis, being concerned only with revenge while a Nemesis encompasses all types of motivations; also, a Nemesis is an enemy who is created through the hero's own actions, but a Seeker of Vengeance might already be an enemy to the hero and is seeking revenge for a perceived wrong dealt to them by the hero, i.e. Seekers of Vengeance may also be pursuing revenge against neutral characters or even other villains inEvil Vs. Evil scenarios
There are several types of Seekers of Vengeance:
- Villains who want revenge on the hero for defeating a previous antagonist who was in some way close to them.
- Villains who are embittered into vengeance by an unfortunate but inevitable act by the hero.
- Villains who want revenge for the murder of their families by a government or country, or else a certain tragedy that happened before they were born.
- Villains who have clashed with the hero repeatedly in the past, and want revenge for previous defeats by said hero.
- Villains who were traumatised as children by a hero, a relative or friend of the hero, or even another villain.
- Villains who want retribution for the hero deliberately/inadvertently humiliating or rejecting him, especially if they used to be long-term friends or even brothers.
- Villains who have stayed in the shadow of the hero their whole lives, and want to outshine the hero as a result.
All items (35)